Shift Safety Coordinator OpportunityCastlegar, BC
Zellstoff Celgar Limited Partnership is North America’s newest and largest softwood Kraft pulp mill, located in Castlegar B.C. Celgar is part of Mercer International, which also owns and operates two world class softwood mills in Germany. All three mills continue to invest in their core assets and investigate new revenue streams in the emerging bio-economy to further improve their long term viability.We thank all applicants. Only those whose candidacy best suits our needs will be contacted.
We are seeking applicants for the position of Shift Safety Coordinator within our Safety Resources Department. You are a safety and security focused professional with exceptional interpersonal skills to foster and maintain good working relationships with employees, contractors and visitors. As an emergency responder and security expert for the operation, you have a demonstrated track record leading and promoting safety and loss control systems and programs.
Reporting to the Manager, Health & Safety you will be responsible for;
· Support the Road to Zero by coordinating, promoting and educating through line management all aspects of the health and safety program at Celgar
· Lead the emergency response team in first aid, fire, spill and critical incident response for the facility
· Inspect fire systems to ensure safe, efficient operation maintaining compliance with insurance standards
· Coordinate incident investigations and risk assessments
· Conduct occupational health testing for noise, gas, heat, etc.
· Authorize and advise on permit required activities – Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Excavation, etc.
· Inspect and maintain safety and emergency response equipment – SCBA, Fire Extinguishers, Compressors, audiometric and fit Testing equipment, etc.
· This position works a 12-hour shift that follows a 4 on/off schedule, requiring day, night and weekend rotation.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
· Grade 12 diploma, as a minimum
· Mid-level computer skills
· BC Industrial First Aid OFA Level 3 certified or higher (must be current)
· BC Driver’s License (Class 4)
· Good physical condition to carry out the duties of the position
· Previous emergency response certification and experience
· Previous industrial safety certification, designation and experience
Zellstoff Celgar is just minutes from Castlegar, BC in the West Kootenay region.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career experience, talk to us! Get the skills and tools to develop and grow! We offer a competitive compensation package and we are one of the Kootenay’s top employers! Come visit us and you won’t want to leave!
We thank all applicants. Only those whose candidacy best suits our needs will be contacted.
The successful applicants can expect to work in an innovative and progressive mill. As a learning organization, we are working together to be the best for our communities, our environment and our future. We offer unparalleled career development and challenging work opportunities, a collegial and stable work environment and an incomparable family and recreational oriented life style along with a competitive pay, benefits and pensions package.
Looking to make a difference? Then this is a rare opportunity. If you want to live in one of the most desirable places in Canada, then you will want to know more about Zellstoff Celgar. Go to www.mercerint.com.
Want to learn more about Castlegar and living in the West Kootenays? Go to www.castlegar.com
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working together to be the best for our communities, our environment… our future! ************************************************************************
We are seeking applicants for the position of Buyer within our Purchasing Department.
Zellstoff Celgar Limited Partnership is North America’s newest and largest softwood Kraft pulp mill, located in Castlegar B.C. Celgar is part of Mercer International, which also owns and operates two world class softwood mills in Germany. All three mills continue to invest in their core assets and investigate new revenue streams in the emerging bio-economy to further improve their long term viability.We thank all applicants. Only those whose candidacy best suits our needs will be contacted.We are seeking applicants for the position of Buyer within our Purchasing Department.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for;
· purchasing and expediting a wide variety of maintenance materials, operating supplies and services
· Evaluation and selection of suppliers, including contract negotiations
· Prepare comparison of bids and develop strategies to ensure economic efficiency
· Set-up, monitor and expedite Purchase Orders, track shipments by truck/railcar and manage inventories on-site
· Develop relationships to our internal customers and preferred suppliers
· Ensure compliance to, and involvement with our Purchasing Guidelines and Company Safety Program
· Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with good organizational skills
· A post-secondary certificate in purchasing, preferably SCMP or PMAC certificate/diploma and minimum of 2-5 years of purchasing experience
· Strong work ethics and negotiation skills
· Knowledge of logistics
· Team player who is able to communicate well with people at all levels
· Good computer skills, such as in MS Office. Skills in Avantis PRO, our ERP-system, would be an asset
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com*******************************************************************
Utilities Shift EngineerCastlegar, BC
Presently we are seeking applicants for the position of Utilities Shift Engineer.Reporting to the Production Manager you are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Steam & Recovery Department; including Lurgi Evaporators, Recaust Plant, Lime Kiln, 55MW and 48MW Turbo Generators, Mill-wide Effluent treatment Plant and water supply. The successful candidate will take a disciplined approach to providing the leadership necessary to fully realize the potential of the assets in the area while also building unified, safe-working and engaged crews that work with a common purpose.
You will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience, with a strong understanding of Recovery Boilers, Evaporators, Turbo Generator operations, and mill effluent processes. In this role you must have a valid Second Class Certificate of Competency. A background which includes Recaust/Lime Kilns, electrical generation and distribution and Chip Handling is an asset.
As a senior member of the production team reporting to the Production Manager you will:
· Lead and grow your people as professionals and manage their performance
· Work directly with crews to develop and implement safe working procedures
· Commit personally to continued improvements in the overall operation of the Utilities area
· Direct the operations of the Steam and Recovery Department, ensuring the uninterrupted supply of steam, water, air and white liquor to the other departments. The generation and distribution of electrical power, the treatment of mill effluent and domestic sewage as required, commensurate with safety, quality and efficiency.
· Ensure company quality, efficiency and production objectives are achieved and sustained by providing technical expertise and establishing or adjusting work procedures.
To apply for this position, please Email your CV to: HR@celgar.com
(Apologies in advance; only those considered for an interview will be contacted)