Zellstoff Celgar is North America’s newest and largest single line sustainable softwood kraft pulp mill, located in the West Kootenay region of B.C. Celgar is part of Mercer International, which also owns and operates two world class softwood mills in Germany. All three mills continue to invest in their core assets and investigate new revenue streams in the emerging bio-economy to further improve their long term viability.
An opportunity exists for an Instrument Mechanic to complement our Maintenance crews. Reporting to the maintenance supervisor the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to achieving exceptional safety performance and will work with mill groups and contribute to our steady improvement in reliability and productivity. Have a proven track record of improving control systems, troubleshooting mill processes, repairing process equipment and optimizing control system’s effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have interprovincial qualifications plus additional technical training in an appropriate specialty. Preference will be given to those with previous pulp mill experience. The ability to work within a flexible work environment is necessary. The successful candidate will bring a proven ability to collaborate with Supervisors, Tradesmen, and Operations to achieve outstanding results. He or she will have solid knowledge of world-class maintenance practices, including predictive and preventive maintenance.
If you are looking to align with a progressive organization that respects the potential & ideas of people, let’s review our mutual expectations:
What We Expect
What You Can Expect
* A Trades Certificate or Technical Qualifications
* The opportunity to work in an innovative progressive mill.
* 10+ years in a heavy industry setting
* A learning environment – we are working together to be the best.
* Pulp and Paper experience is an asset
* Opportunities for progressive responsibilities
* Leadership in safety, collaboration, and a team player
* A collegial & stable work environment
* World Class Maintenance skills
* An incomparable family & recreationally oriented life style with four distinct seasons
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* A competitive pay, benefit and pension package
For the discerning professional looking to make a difference, this is a rare opportunity! If you want to live in one of the most desirable places in Canada, then you will want to know more about Zellstoff Celgar! Go to http://www.mercerint.com/. Want to know about Castlegar & the Kootenays? Go to http://www.castlegar.com/
Think you can make a difference? Then send me your resume: email@example.com by April 14, 2014.
We thank all applicants; only those whose candidacy best suits our needs will be contacted
Working together to be the best for our communities, our environment… our future!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zellstoff Celgar Limited Partnership
2 Year Term
Zellstoff Celgar, North America’s newest and largest single line softwood kraft pulp mill, located in Castlegar, BC, is looking for a Senior Accountant for a challenging and dynamic position. Zelstoff Celgar is one of three world-class mills owned by Mercer International. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, excellent growth opportunity, and relocation assistance.
Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate is comfortable in a leadership position where they will:
- Ensure the successful daily operation of the accounting department
- Supervise accounts payable staff
- Provide cash management; accurate and timely cash forecasting; debt management
- Provide, analyse, and interpret information for Mill Managers
- Prepare and distribute financial statements
- Reconcile various GL accounts, record accruals, prepare journal entries for financial statements, and ensure approvals
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation, or nearing completion of designation
- 3 – 5 years senior accounting experience
- Multi-currency experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated Microsoft Office abilities
Nestled into the mountains of the West Kootenays, Castlegar is located on the tip of pristine and recreational Arrow Lake, and close driving distance to two premier ski resorts. The West Kootenays offers an abundance of winter and summer outdoor activities, from back country skiing, to fishing, golfing, river kayaking, boating, and rock climbing.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity and a competitive compensation package with one the Kootenay’s top employers, please send your resume by April 30, 2014 to: